The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, the South African Government Authorities and Lufthansa had a collaboration the past few months to enable many of the Southern African-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s member companies, to bring their urgently needed technical personnel into South Africa to facilitate further economic growth and employment in the country.
Lufthansa arranged additional repatriation flights for the month of September and October.
The repatriation flights will enable employees of the German and EU business community to travel to South Africa for work purposes.
Lufthansa is pleased to offer the following repatriation flight schedule:
How to purchase a new ticket
• Please visit: https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/repatriation-flights-johannesburg and book your flight.
• Please complete the attached Passenger Information excel document and return this to us at the following email: [email protected]
• Only send the completed document back to us in excel format once you have made a confirmed booking.
How to make a booking if you already have an existing Lufthansa Group* issued ticket
*(Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss International Air Lines, Brussels Airlines) :
• Please complete a Passenger Information excel document. (Contact us for more information)
• Please email your existing ticket number/s & booking reference together with your completed Passenger Information excel document and advise us
of your preferred flight date to: [email protected]
• Our Service Center will respond to you, providing you with your new booking. Please note that there may be a fare difference between your existing commercial
ticket and this special repatriation air fare. Should this be the case, you will be advised and the fare difference will be collected by credit card.
• Please note that these flights are special repatriation flights and not regular commercial flights.
• The flights will only take place provided that there is the necessary approval granted by the South African government.
• As per South African government regulations, you are obliged to go into a 14-day quarantine upon arrival in South Africa.
In order to be permitted to self-quarantine, please complete the attached self-quarantine application form and return it to [email protected] without delay.
• All passengers are required to hold a negative Corona Virus test result when boarding the flight in Frankfurt.
• No Pets in cabin permitted. Only guide dogs /seeing eye dogs are permitted.
• Unaccompanied Minors only accepted point-to-point i.e. FRA-JNB.