The Ghanaian government announced yesterday, 30 August 2020 that its international airspace will be reopened to commercial flights, effective from 1 September 2020.
Furthermore, please note that the following protocols must be adhered to:
- A Covid-19 test result must be presented and the test should have been taken no more than 72 hours before arrival;
- Everyone is required to wear face masks;
- Additional Covid-19 tests will be done upon arrival at the airport and the fee is 150 USD, which fee is to be borne by the passenger. The test result will be available within thirty (30) minutes and please note that testing at the airport is not required for children under the age of five (5) years;
- Passengers who test negative will be allowed to enter Ghana to attend to their lawful activities (no mandatory quarantine); and
- Departing passengers will be required to take a Covid-19 test 72 hours prior to departure and present same to the port health officials, before being allowed to complete departure formalities.
Stay updated by signing up for our newsletter HERE
Want to speak to an expert regarding your immigration needs, contact us!
By Bianca Nicholls