WELCOME TO EGYPT
Currency: Egyptian Pound
Population: 97,55 million (2017 World Bank)
Egypt, a country linking northeast Africa with the Middle East, dates to the time of the pharaohs. Millennia-old monuments sit along the fertile Nile River Valley, including Giza’s colossal Pyramids and Great Sphinx as well as Luxor’s hieroglyph-lined Karnak Temple and Valley of the Kings tombs. The capital, Cairo, is home to Ottoman landmarks like Muhammad Ali Mosque and the Egyptian Museum, a trove of antiquities.
- Endorsement & Entry:
- Visa Exempt: upon arrival at the airport.
- Non-Exempt: Egyptian Embassy in the assignee’s country of origin or ordinary residence.
- Validity: 1 month from date of entry/endorsement
- Estimated processing Time: approximately 7 – 10 working days
- None, as Work Permit application must be submitted during period of validity
- Categories: only one, namely long-term
- Submission: in Egypt
- Personal Appearance: required, or PoA to be provided
- Allowed to be in-country: mandatory
Estimated processing time:
- Receipt/Proof of Submission: Immediate
- Final Work Permit (previously): approximately 1 – 2 months
- Final Work Permit (currently): approximately 8 – 12 months
- Commencement of work activities: upon issuance of Work Permit Receipt
- Up to a maximum duration of 1 year
- Yes, further periods of up to 1 year
- A foreign national must undergo an HIV Test, as the Test Results form a mandatory part of the Work Permit application.
- HIV Test has to be done in Egypt; and
- Should the assignee depart Egypt whilst the Work Permit application is in process, he/she could be required to undergo another HIV Test, upon his/her return to Egypt.
- Quota system applies and the ratio is 9:1, i.e. 9 Egyptians for each foreign national.
- A number of personal documents have to translated into Arabic and legalised at an Egyptian mission abroad.
- Submission: in Egypt
- When: upon obtaining the Work Permit Receipt
- Personal Appearance: required, or PoA
- Passport Retention: Yes, until Residence Permit issued and endorsed
- Estimated processing time: nationality dependent, e.g. ± 30 days for French nationals
- After Endorsement: freely exit and re-enter Egypt throughout validity period
We provide a full range of immigration services for Egypt. With our professional and trusted network of partners, we have the pulse on policy issues and the practical reality, which governs immigration rules & regulations.
We will first do a consultation, on which visa or permit would be the correct one for you. We advise on the required documentation and compile the complete application on your behalf. We will help you save time gathering the required documents to finalize your application.
There is great advantage in having a reliable local representative who will submit the application in Egypt, and also collect the resulting documents for you.