Persons wishing to retire in South Africa can apply for temporary residence based on retirement. This visa is issued for up to 4 years and allows the holder to retire in the Republic and reside in South Africa on a seasonal or continuous basis.

Retired person visa for South Africa

The visa does not allow the holder to work during their retirement. An authorization to work can be applied for, but is rarely granted in practice.

The main requirement for the retired person visa is the proof of a monthly pension or a monthly income generated by assets with a minimum amount of ZAR 37,000 for the duration of the stay in South Africa, i.e. 4 years.

Alternatively the proof of available funds can in some cases consist of capital assets in the form of a bank deposit in an equivalent amount.

For more information about visas in South Africa click here.

Our services

IBN Immigration Solutions offers a full range of immigration services including the facilitation of entry visas, all types of temporary and permanent residence permits, permits for the accompanying family as well as document procurement and translation.

Our consulting approach is to provide our clients with a single contact person throughout the entire assignment, thereby saving valuable time and effort for the client and allowing us to offer an optimal and personalized solution. We offer assistance in every step of the immigration process from the preparation of the required documentation and submission of the application to the communication with the relevant authorities until the issue of permit.

We have been in business for over 18 years and we have offices in Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Johannesburg and Windhoek, Namibia. We are a multilingual network and offer our services in various languages.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for advice regarding immigration & visa, setting up business, property transfer & investment.