And trust me – I have heard the weirdest questions EVER!
Interview is always tricky, especially at the end of it, when the interviewer has asked all questions and now turns to you and says – Is there anything you would like to ask me? It happens almost every time. Having nothing prepared sends the message that you don’t have an independent thoughts process. Potential employers will not be impressed with just a simple “No” answer. It shows a lack of curiosity and employers are not looking for uncurious people.
Some of your questions can be answered during the process of the interview, so you can always ask something to the effect that you were interested in knowing about, but you can mention it has already been mentioned during the interview.
A big NO NO are questions related to benefits and salary issues, these should be brought up only by the employer. Don’t ask about leave days, holidays or how many single people there are in the office.
Here are several ideas of interesting question to ask:
1. Can you describe and ideal employee?
2. What kind of work can I expect to be doing the first year?
3. Who will review my performance? How often?
4. What would you say are the top two personality traits someone needs to do this job well?
5. How much opportunity will I have for decision-making in my first assignment?
6. If I were to start tomorrow, what would be the top priority on my to-do list?
7. What improvements or changes do you hope the new candidate will bring to this position?
8. Is there anything that stands out to you that makes you think I might not be right for this job?
We wish you all the luck!!!